These are the Top 3 Camping Canopy’s for any Climate
- Crown Shades Straight Leg Pop Up (Click to see current Price on Amazon) Crown Shades Specializes in Canopy’s. When it’s good enough for your house, it’s good enough for camping
- Crown Shades Instant Canopy (Click to See Current Price on Amazon) Instant is great! Take this canopy camping or use for the backyard party.
- E Z Up Ambassador (Click for Current Price on Amazon) This canopy is the Budget friendly Canopy. This canopy Although cheaper still uses good quality materials to stand up against its rivalry.
Why I Picked the Crown Shade Straight Leg Pop Up
- The Crown Shade offers more stability. By using the straight leg technology. And steel frame making it far more sturdy than the competition. This canopy will stand against high winds.
- The Crown Shade is made with High Quality 100% rain resistant material. This is perfect for those rainy days at the camp. Staying dry is a top priority camping.
- Easy set up may be the number one reason to choose the Crown Shade. It takes only a matter of minutes. Simply stand it at your desired location on the campsite.
- 3 steps to set up – Unfold the frame – Secure the Top – Adjust the desired height. And Bam; Your ready to start the fun.
- Patent Easy one push pop up. Stakes, Ropes, And a carrying bag for storage.
What Features to Look for in a Camping Canopy
Obviously your going to want a canopy that will keep you under the shade. But what else should you look for.
- Quality – The most important thing to keep you out of the elements. (Rain and Sun) is the canopy top. Your going to want to make sure the top is made of a high Quality material.
- Design – Straight legs on a canopy. There are other cheaper canopy’s that do not have the straight legs. And what happens when it rains. The top fills up with water and rips the canopy.
- Construction – You want the canopy to have a heavy Duty frame. There is not anything more sturdy than steel. And make sure there is a powder coated covering. This will guard again premature wear.
- Ease of Use – You don’t want to spend hours. First figuring out how to assemble the canopy. Then actually spending time assembling it. Trust me your going to want to have a simple 3 step process. And your canopy is up.
- Size – The most common size of first up is 10 x 10. But you may want to get a size that lets you fit comfortably underneath. And still have room to move. Which would be the 10 x 15. And then for other fits. Like bigger party’s well the size can get even bigger.
- Price – I recommend not to buy the cheap Canopy’s out there. The ones with legs that are not straight (Vertical). Because I Simply haven’t ‘found one that I consider to be well made. But you don’t have to spend a ton of money either.
So if your looking for a good quality Canopy that doesn’t cost a lot. Consider one of the 3 options. You will be glad you did. The next time it starts to rain and your playing a card game under the canopy.
Top Canopy Brands to Consider
- Crown Shade – The Crown Shade Canopy straight leg, easy Pop Up Canopy Get’s my vote. For being the best Canopy in the industry. From design to construction it is the highest Quality for the price.
- Coleman – A well known brand that offers a lot of equipment for camping. But where is the closest Coleman store?
- Ozark Trail – They do have the vertical legs. But I have found that you can’t find replacement parts very easy.
- Caddis Rapid Shelter – This canopy looks tough, the amount of inside straps seems a little chinsy as there are only 4. But it comes with a carrying case. I have not tested this canopy.
- ABC Canopy – A Shelter that is an odd size, But it has a two tier canopy to let air out the top. That works well if you are going to enclose the area.
- YaheeTech – Comes with sand bags and steaks. As extra Equipment. I have found that the stakes that come with most canopy’s and the tie down rope is sufficient stabilization against force winds.
- Master Canopy – Like all of the shown canopy’s this canopy has tie down and stakes. And a storage bag.
- Carvan Canopy – I would not recommend this type of canopy. Because it does not have the vertical legs system. It has been my experience this Type of canopy rips and tears. With the onset of water pooling onto the top.
- Best Choice Products – This canopy is more of a gazebo. It has fabric and a latch that protrudes out of the leg. Where the fabric can attach to the leg.
- Euromax – A commercial grade and priced canopy. Mostly used for large backyard party’s.
- Coleman Back Home – This is a well constructed tent. This is not an easy set up style of canopy. The shape is octagon. And there is dark netting on all sides.
Canopy, also known as a temporary shade or Shelter, is great for camping. Also it can be used for backyard, Beach, Events, and party’s. It protects you and your family against the harmful rays from the sun. Also weather conditions such as hail, snow and rain.
Canopy comes from the word Canopus. Which is Egypt meaning Luxuries. There are also architectural canopy’s that are attached to buildings. Also related to keeping the weather off of you.
Canopy material can be made of acrylic, vinyl, and polyester. Modern frame material offer high strength to weight ratios and corrosion resistance. A combination of these properties can result in a safe, strong, economical attractive product.